Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 5 & 6 -- In the Groove

Now that I'm almost a week into this detox, I've definitely noticed a few things.

First, I've been getting up really early -- just waking up early. No alarm. No kids waking me up (which is a miracle unto to itself). No apparent reason at all. And, when I wake up I'm not groggy, not grumpy -- but very clear headed. I'm not blindly stumbling for the coffee maker, cursing when the beans aren't grinding quickly enough and then double cursing when 15 minutes later I realize I forgot to add the water. I have had any caffeine for almost a week. Its really nice to wake up not thinking that I desperately need that caffeine. Maybe it was all just a placebo effect?

Second, because I'm eating more protein (esp. nuts and eggs), I haven't been that hungry. This is interesting because usually I am always a little hungry. I definitely think I wasn't getting enough protein throughout the day.

Third, I am not very good at keeping track of the supplements on this cleanse. What will this mean for me when I'm truly sick? Will I need some type of wrist alarm to remind me to take the requisite meds? Maybe if I'm terminal I'll be more exact with the pills.

Fourth, because I'm not having any sugar, CARROTS taste friggin' fantastic -- I mean, who knew that they would be like candy on a stick. And did I mention the butternut squash soup I made 2 days ago -- is it me, or is the soup getting sweeter each time I eat it?

Overall, I would say that I feel really good about this cleanse. I psyched that I've managed to stay on the program for a week. On Day 5 I had summer squash ratatouille and short ribs -- excellent. For lunch today I had tuna salad over greens. Eating normal food, but in the right way.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: