Friday, September 19, 2008

Day Three -- Swing Low

Well, it had to happen. I was told the first 3 days of the cleanse would be hard. My first two days were pretty great. This morning, however, I woke up with a headache and realized I had probably been a bit cocky to think I would get off scott-free. I definitely felt tired. Not sure if it was lack of water or lack of sugar . . . I'd like to think it was lack of water and the hot yoga two days in a row.

Had breakfast of an egg, onion, bell pepper and avocado omelet and chamomile tea. I definitely noticed the lack of cheese. I think next time I make an omelet I'll use sour cream (allowed in small portions) to give it an added kick.

Dragged myself and the girls to school and then to the grocery store . . . where I managed to avoid the bread, cookie and ice cream aisles. Sophie & Marielle wanted to share a donut -- but since I don't like the grocery bakery donuts, I did not feel tempted.

At tennis clinic, I was absolutely worthless. No energy, could hardly run . . . I was shot. Again, not sure if its the yoga or the cleanse. Althought I did think about how much I would really really like a large toasted bagel with cream cheese as yellow tennis balls whipped by my head. My instructor just shook his head as my legs refused to move faster than a trot. I explained the cleanse and the exercise regimen to him, hoping to extract some empathy -- the first thing he asked was about my bowel movements. Just leave it to a guy to bring my detox-cleanse to the lowest level. I pretended I thought he asked about my "jowl" movements and told him that my bite and chew pattern was just fine, thanks, although the nuts did get stuck in my teeth occasionally.

Managed to get myself home in one piece without falling asleep on the road. The girls had a snack of peanut butter on apples, so I had almond butter on apples (no peanuts allowed), which was quite good. I wasn't feeling particularly hungry, but did look wistfully at the rice pudding in the refrigerator. Imagined the pudding warm and creamy and what the soft plump raisins would taste like . . . stop, stop it now.

For dinner I had steak with Italian seasonings, salad and butternut squash soup. The soup was fantastic -- onions, garlic, butternut squash, fresh ginger and . . . whipping cream. Yea, that was awesome. I felt a reinvigorated after that meal. Good thing I don't have a cholesterol issues. It was just a little whipping cream.

I weighed myself today and have lost 3lbs. The cleanse isn't about weight loss so much, but its nice to see that I haven't gained weight from eating nuts, whole milk yogurt and whipping cream. It would be nice to lose the 10lbs I've wanted to lose since . . .1992.

I'm going to bed with the hope that Day 4 sees a return of energy. Peace.

No comments: