Monday, September 29, 2008

Slacker Days

NOT what you think -- I'm still on the cleanse and doing great! Its almost become a habit with me now, so I haven't been struggling as much, and so haven't had much to blog about. I admit that I thought about inhaling some of Madeleine's birthday cake on Sunday. I mean, with a glass of milk that would have been fabulous. BUT I wasn't really that interested and managed to avoid the butter cream frosting that kept calling me.

I have a lot of energy and my hunger is satisfied by the food I eat. I am not constantly wondering when (and what) my next snack will be. My girls keep asking me if I'm allowed to have this or that on "my diet". The strange thing is, I do not feel that I am dieting at all, yet I have lost weight. I wonder if its a subliminal message -- if you're on a diet you have to feel hungry because you're depriving yourself. Does calling a diet a "cleanse" or a "detoxification" change the message so that you don't fret about the timing of your next meal. Does a different word make you lose your feeling of deprivation and cravings? Not sure, but I like it!

After the cleanse I'm going to keep some of the principles of the cleanse in place. I'm going to make a concerted effort to avoid sugar (of course I will have a treat every once in awhile). I will not be drinking coffee in the mornings -- it really took too much control of my psyche. I mean, I could hardly have a conversation with anyone without that first cup. Its like I woke up with a hangover every morning. Quite ridiculous. I will definitely eat more protein, because it is more satisfying. I will attempt to be the anti-Hoover vacuum (see previous post), although this may be hard. However, I will go back to eating complex carbs like brown rice and whole wheat pasta in small amounts with a meal. We'll see.

I will post one last blog on the LAST day of the detoxification. Thanks for reading!

No comments: